Spelled diet of St. Hildegard is a diet whose main ingredient is spelled, regarded as a building stone of our body.
The author of the diet wrote the first German book about natural medicine, which drew attention to the natural healing properties of trees, fruits, grain, spices, herbs, birds, fish, and minerals. The combination of all these elements has healing powers to help with all health problems.
What gives the use spelled diet?
Spelled diet of St. Hildegard is a component reflecting the golden rules of healthy life. These include among other things:
- Food is the first and the best medicine for a healthy life. Food and drinks have healing powers.
- To stay healthy, you should use the power of natural medicines and the four elements.
- Crucial is a natural sleep, which guarantees a balance with movement and physical activity.
- It must be a balance between work and regeneration.
Spelled diet of St. Hildegard is designed to help to eliminate refined and processed foods that are rich in fat, salt and sugar. Their excess is in fact extremely harmful and contributes to many diseases like:
- atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, brain disease,
- Alzheimer’s disease,
- venous thrombosis,
- kidney disease,
- other illnesses associated with inadequate intake of fiber and complex carbohydrates – constipation, hemorrhoids, gallstones well as the depression and irritability, etc.
Spelled diet also prevent premature aging. It is famous throughout the world because it helps avoid and treat many diseases using the resources available in nature.
Spelled diet of St. Hildegard is primarily simplicity. Using the principles of diet does not need to make complicated measurements of calories, vitamins, fat and fiber.
Spelled diet is based on fresh fruits and vegetables seasonally available – preferably grown in the area. Instead of an excess of different foods from exotic places, important here it is the simplest solution and fresh flavors of locally available products.
A characteristic feature of the diet of St. Hildegard is basing on all kinds of products for revitalizing properties that are health promoting, rejuvenating and provide well-being.
The base of the diet is whole grains – of which the most important is spelled. It is the kind of seeds known for centuries, excellent for cooking and baking. Other grains, which are recommended in the diet St. Hildegard is:
- oats – perfect for beautiful skin, overall health, and happiness,
- wheat – used only in the form of whole-wheat graham flour is recommended for baking,
- rye – ideal for healthy people who, through their hard work need to consume large amounts of fatty foods, however, can be harmful to people with sensitive stomachs (e.g., the inflammation of the stomach).
Among vegetables, the diet St. Hildegard is distinguished:
- dill – makes us happy, ensures beautiful skin, improves digestion and provides a pleasant body odor,
- celery, chickpeas, pumpkin, zucchini, red beets, watercress, lettuce – strengthen the brain and guarantee a healthy digestion,
- edible chestnuts – supposedly help to improve brain function, strengthen the heart, liver and stomach,
- beans – all its types are excellent for our health,
- onion (just cooked), broccoli, carrots, corn, parsnips, sweet potatoes.
For the best fruits according to the therapeutic spelled diet include:
- the apples – for healthy people in the raw version, better for patients will be cooked or baked, but also fresh, old and wrinkled,
- cherries, quince (excellent for rheumatism and arthritis), red and black currants, grapes, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, citrus fruits, melons.
Also spelled diet recommends:
- fish – pike, perch, roach and grayling (perfect for healthy and sick), salmon, herring, carp and trout (good for healthy)
- poultry – easily digestible, ideal for consumption throughout the year, preferably without the skin, to the fact that geese and ducks are good only for healthy people,
- an ostrich meat helping for obese,
- lamb and goat are the best in the spring and summer – help with varicose veins,
- the venison is best eaten in the autumn and winter.
Spelled diet of St. Hildegard recommends the use of large quantities of spices and sauces based on natural ingredients. It is recommended the vinegar (or balsamic vinegar), sunflower oil, lemon juice, and yogurt. Excellent spices are basil, bay leaves, caraway, chervil, cinnamon (for sinus disease), cloves, black pepper, mint, dill, fennel, garlic, horseradish, hyssop (the problems with the liver and colic), lovage, marjoram, thyme , mugwort, nutmeg, oregano, parsley, pimpernel, rosemary, sage, savory, nettle, watercress and the like.
- tea from fennel – excellent for the health also sips herbal tea with melissa and in the fruit of the wild rose,
- beer – perfect for people being underweight, ideal for building muscle and healthy skin tone,
- wine – is the perfect drink that should be used in moderation – helps with depression,
- spelled coffee – ideal with digestive problems,
- spring and summer, the unbeatable mineral water – rich in minerals helping cleanse the body of waste products; heavily mineralized should be a supplement to the diet,
- fruit juices from citrus fruits – excellent, especially with fever.
Spelled diet of St. Hildegard is not a simple diet nowadays because it ‘s hard to find superfoods, which have healing properties.